MyBB is a free bulletin board system software package developed by the MyBB Group.
A lot of thought has gone into the MyBB interface to make it easy to use. MyBB uses a standard discussion board structure, so your visitors will feel familiar with the way MyBB works. Your visitors can use the MyBB user control panel to change the way they view discussions. They can also easily start and reply to discussions and markup their posts. The forum administrators and moderators can use MyBB's inline editing and moderation features to control discussion and keep the forum tidy.
MyBB is available to anyone under the GNU/GPL license.
Version : 1.6.8
- Have an unlimited number of members, forums, posts, threads - and anything else!
- MySQL Fulltext search capabilities (MySQL 4.1+)
- As many copies as you like, one database.
- Completely customizable with our intuitive templates and theme system
- Install or create as many different languages on your forum as you please
- Developed in PHP, compatible with MySQL, PgSQL, and SQLite v2 and v3 database servers
- Powerful user control panel
- Custom profiles and settings per user
- Custom profile fields
- Advanced private messaging system with tracking and multiple folders
- Reputation system allowing members to rate each other
- Signatures, avatars, buddy and ignore lists and forum subscriptions
- Attach multiple files to a single post
- Automatic thumbnail generation for attached images
- Clickable smilies and BB Code
- Quick moderation options for moderators
- Email notification of new posts
- Create polls with multiple options and attach them to threads
- Multi-quote - quote multiple posts easily in one reply
Thread Display Features
- Threaded or linear viewing modes
- View a printable version of any thread
- Subscribe to threads or add them to a favorite threads list
- Send threads to your friends via email
- Quick reply area - quickly respond to a thread or quote a reply
- Report posts to moderators
- Add moderators to particular forums, set their permissions or allow them to moderate all forums
- Extensive logging of all moderation activities performed
- Open, close, stick and unstick threads
- Move or copy threads between forums, merge threads together, split posts from a thread
- Inline moderation - mass action multiple threads or posts in one go
- Create your own moderation tools to perform multiple actions at once
- Moderator control panel allowing moderators to perform some light administrative tasks, such as announcement management, moderation queue management for the forums they moderate, and basic user profile editing.
- Completely customize the look and feel of your forums by creating a color scheme and modifying templates
- Control every aspect of your forums with little technical knowledge
- Manage forum announcements
- Assign permissions to forums and different user groups
- Manage smilies, custom MyCode, post icons, word filters and more
- Powerful user management features, including User Views, which are basically saved searches and allow you to track groups of users
- Ban users by IP address, email address, username or create a timed ban on an account
- Administrator permissions to limit the abilities of secondary administrators
- Run maintenance tasks to keep your forum running in tip-top shape
- Who's online list
- Advanced event based calendar functionality allowing multiple calendars, ranged and repeating events, event moderation, private and public events, and more
- Fully customizable F.A.Q.
- Members listing and advanced member profile views
- List of the forum moderation staff
- Forum statistics page